2-year-old girl turns blue and starts vomiting blood before she dies two hours later

Losing a child brings an incomparable pain to the parents… no dad or mom should go through this. Stephanie and Brian, a couple from Tulsa, Oklahoma, know perfectly well what that feeling is. They had to go to the hospital in the middle of Christmas because their 2-year-old daughter started vomiting blood and went completely blue.

It all happened due to a small lithium battery. Initially, they thought she had a little fever, but they didn’t give much importance to it. Then, her face turned completely blue, and it was then that the parents understood that something was wrong.

Facebook – Stephanie Florer

Without delay, they took the 2-year-old girl to the hospital, where she immediately underwent surgery. “The operation lasted two hours, but the doctors couldn’t stop the bleeding,” said her Great-grandfather Kent to a local newspaper. Unfortunately, the child didn’t resist and eventually died…

The small battery that the baby had swallowed can be found in many objects in our home, such as remote controls or watches. “It can be deadly for children if the battery gets stuck in the esophagus,” said Dr. Toby Litovitz.

Facebook – Stephanie Florer

In fact, such a battery may begin releasing a deadly acid into the body if it’s not removed in time. That’s what happened to the little girl. The battery severely damaged Brianna’s esophagus, and the surgery turned out to be unsuccessful because of that.

Facebook – Stephanie Florer

It’s essential to be very attentive to these small batteries, and we must keep them out of the reach of children. If the battery is swallowed, we must act quickly and make them vomit, or take the child to the hospital as soon as possible.

Don’t let this girl die in vain… Share the article to raise awareness about this problem and alert other parents!

Source: Incroyable

Facebook

Want more stories? Like our page