3-year-old boy loses his life during sleep – weeks later, doctors make a shocking discovery

By 2016, Jasmine Shortland’s 3-year-old son, Bryan-Andrew, had chickenpox. Apart from a little neck pain and swelling, the boy was fine. At that time, the 23-year-old mother left the boy and his brother, Austin, at his grandmother’s house. She didn’t want the youngest baby in the house, Ivan, to be infected. Austin had had chickenpox without complications, so Jasmine assumed the same thing would happen to Bryan-Andrew. However, the child lost his life during sleep, and now the mother wants to alert the world.

Facebook – Jasmine Shortland

This time, the disease turned into a nightmare, and eventually took the boy’s life. Jasmine and her 21-year-old partner, Josh, had everything they could wish for. Three beautiful children and a lifetime ahead. But, after what happened, their world collapsed.

Facebook – Jasmine Shortland
Boy loses his life during sleep

Bryan-Andrew had chickenpox, something that is supposed to be normal in children. Jasmine decided to leave Bryan Andrew and his older son Austin with their grandmother, so that her younger son, Ivan, didn’t get sick too. The next morning, Jasmine’s mother discovered that Bryan-Andrew did not wake up. The grandmother could not wake the boy at all.

Facebook – Jasmine Shortland

The paramedics rushed to the scene, but it was too late. Bryan-Andrew had lost his life in his sleep. The parents were shocked… “The night before he was running around, he was happy. He was laughing and joking. It just doesn’t make sense,” Jasmine told the Daily Mail. The mother clearly remembers the last words her son said to her: “I love you.”

Facebook – Jasmine Shortland
Autopsy reveals something shocking

The loss was unimaginable and irreconcilable. The family couldn’t understand how their child could suddenly die without any serious symptoms. Then, several weeks later, the doctors made a horrible and unexpected discovery. Bryan-Andrew had contracted a rare and aggressive form of Septicemia by Staphylococcus.

Facebook – Jasmine Shortland

This type of infection can cause blood poisoning (sepsis), and an individual can become seriously ill. And how did Bryan Andrew get the infection? Scratching his chickenpox blisters…

Facebook – Jasmine Shortland

“His body was so small that he couldn’t fight back and it turned into sepsis. It’s strange that there were no symptoms.” Jasmine’s only comfort was that her son died in his sleep and felt no pain.

Facebook – Jasmine Shortland

But the nightmare was not over yet. After losing Bryan-Andrew, the grieving mother discovered that she was ten weeks pregnant. Unfortunately, she suffered an abortion because of the stress she was experiencing. “I didn’t find out until I had a stomach ache. It was absolutely horrible. I almost lost my life,” she said. “I lost 75% of the blood in my body. The nurses said there was someone watching me that day and I knew it was Bryan-Andrew.”

Facebook – Jasmine Shortland

Jasmine now wants to raise awareness about this unknown danger of chickenpox, and encourage parents to give more importance to this disease. Share this important message!

Source: Newsner

Facebook

Want more stories? Like our page