Those who work hard in this life usually like to enjoy the money, and save some of it for times of need. But this man we’re going to talk about is different… he wanted to keep everything to himself, he was what we call greedy and cheapskate. And the worst of all is that he wanted to be buried with all his money. This was the last wish of this gentleman. Most people think of using salary to have fun and to travel, but also do good things like helping people in need.
Unfortunately, not everyone thinks this way. This greedy and selfish man wanted to be buried with his money… if it was not for him, it was for no one else. What the old man didn’t expect was that his wife had such an ingenious plan!
“Once upon a time there was a man who had spent all his life working, and who had collected all the pennies he earned. He was really greedy, he loved money more than anything, and just before he died, he told his wife:
– ‘Listen closely! When I die, I want you to take all my money and put it in the coffin with me. I want to take all my money into the next incarnation.’
The old man forced the woman to promise with her heart that, when he died, she would put all his money in the coffin. One day the man died and was buried. The woman sat next to him, all in black, accompanied by her closest friends.
When the ceremony was over, and they were preparing to close the coffin, the woman said, ‘Just a minute!’ The wife had a shoebox in her hand. She put it inside the coffin, next to his body. Seeing that, a friend told her:
– ‘I hope you were not crazy enough to put all that money in the coffin!’
– ‘Of course,’ the woman replied. ‘I promised I’d put that money with him and that’s exactly what I did.’
– ‘Are you saying that you put all the money that cheapskate has saved in his coffin with him?’
– ‘Of course!” she replied. ‘I collected all his money, deposited it into my account, wrote a check and put it inside the shoebox. Now, he’s going to cash it in hell!’
She fulfilled her husband’s desire, and still kept her inheritance… what an ingenious woman!